Posted on Wednesday, April 26, 2017
Moving house, whatever the reason, can be an excruciatingly stressful time. We really want to help you make the process easier. Everyone within our knowledgeable team at FSS Harrogate estate agents is here to provide all the support and advice you need. The process can be like a rollercoaster, what we try and do is make the journey as smooth as possible. Find out how we’ve helped other customers here.
If you're getting ready to put your house on the market read our tips on preparing your property for sale
Before we jump into our experts’ advice on home improvements, there are two tips to bear in mind when thinking about how you can make the most out of the advice when it comes to your home.
Nine Steps to Home Improvement
1) First impressions count: Does your home have kerb appeal? (learn more about kerb appeal here)
2) Don’t stop there – tidy up all your outside space: make that back garden a shrine to how it can be best used.
3) Second impressions are also important (which is why it’s, eye-catchingly, point 3): Now your buyer’s through the door, what do they see? The following points are great ways to improve their view;
4) Clean, clean, and clean again. Whether your house is home to pillars of loose paper or a dizzying array of detergent bottles, it can still be smarter. Make it immaculate.
5) Painting and lighting: the world’s a brighter place when sloshed in sunshine. Do the same to your home - Can a lick of paint and new lighting banish away some interior cloud cover?
6) New fittings: Would new handles hold your kitchen cabinets in greater esteem; would a new tap top off your bathroom sink? Small improvements can make all the difference.
7) Neutrality, however, is worth bearing in mind if you make these changes. You’re seeking to enhance the look of your home whilst providing a blank canvas for the future owner to scribble all their inspirations on (you might want to reconsider the placement of that thoroughly modern art…)
8) Remove Clutter! Can you stow away anything you don’t use on a day-to-day basis?
9) Restoring rooms to their principal use: a 3-bed house is not a 2-bed with a handy storage room. What did we say about removing that clutter!
And when you're ready to move - we're here to help. Our Harrogate house doctor will call round and help you prepare it for viewings with a free home staging service. Call our Harrogate estate agent residential sales team on 01423 501211 or email firstname.lastname@example.org