Online Auctions

Online property auctions with FSS recreate all the excitement of the Harrogate auction room virtually, with a live feed that allows you to watch and bid from anywhere. 

Our unique online auction experience is led by in house auctioneer Richard Smailes who takes bids via phone, proxy and internet. Bidding is updated in real time generating the tension and thrill that FSS auctiongoers are familiar with. 

Why Online?

Our auctions are moving online to make it easier for interested parties to make a bid from their home, office or when they are out and about. We understand that people want more ease and flexibility so we have responded by bringing the drama of the auction to the small screen. Watch on any device - no need to pre-register unless you want to bid. 

How it Works

The auction will be filmed and streamed live on the day. Check our auction calendar for our next auction date and click the link at the top of this page to watch the live feed. 

If you intend to bid on a property you will need to register in advance by using the link at the top of this page to download a registration form. This applies whether you are bidding by phone, proxy or online. If you are the successful bidder, you will be required to forward 10% of the purchase price to our account as listed on the remote bidding form, together with the £750 buyers administration fee. You will then be required to forward the remaining 90% of the purchase price to the Vendor’s solicitor prior to the completion date stated.

When you have registered to bid we will give you instructions on how to bid during the auction. We will also provide you with all the relevant legal documentation so that you are in a position to proceed on auction day. 

During the auction you will be able to see our auctioneer and the lots on screen just as you would if you were in the auction room. You will be able to clearly see the latest bid and follow the bidding. 

Viewings can be arranged as usual and will be conducted in person or by video. Call us on 01423 501211 to arrange a viewing. 


Richard Smailes

01423 534 193

Simon Croft

01423 534 186
Is Now a Good Time to Buy a House?

Is Now a Good Time to Buy a House?

Posted on June 12, 2024

At FSS, we are aware that elections have traditionally introduced tension in the property...