Coltsgate Hill, Ripon
A substantial Grade II listed former chapel offering extensive accommodation, currently arranged over three levels and boasting in excess of 6,000 sq ft internally. The former Wesleyan Methodist Chapel was erected in 1861 replacing an earlier building in which John Wesley preached in 1780. Worship ended here in 1963 when the chapel merged with Allhallowgate Methodist Church. The derelict building was restored in 1977 by Lishman, Sidwell, Campbell and Price.
The property offers tremendous potential to developers and could be utilised for a variety of purposes subject to obtaining the necessary planning approval. There is currently a planning application under reference 16/04001/LB which was received by the council on the 17th September 2016 for conversion of the listed building to form 12 apartments. The application was put on hold due to the owners desire to sell the building.
The property is situated close to the centre of the city of Ripon within walking distance of a wealth of amenities including shops, restaurants, Booths supermarket and the renowned Ripon Grammar School. The city is well placed only a short distance from the A1(M) which links with the region's motorway network.
Freehold with vacant possession upon completion.
All mains services are connected to the property.
Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) Rating
Hutchinson & Buchanan, 77 North Street, Ripon, HG4 1DS.
Tel: 01765 602156. FAO: Richard Storey.
Auction viewings take place as blocked appointments.
Tel. 01423 501211.
Viewing by appointment only.